Sunday, August 3, 2008

Welcome to PinayTG!

Welcome to PinayTG, the diary of a Filipino woman (Pinay for short) of transgender (TG) experience. What exactly constitutes that experience, I have no idea. This blog certainly lays no claims to being representative of the life of the average Filipina transgender. After all, there is no one way to be anybody, somebody in this world.

What I do want this blog to do is serve as a looking glass for my life, thoughts, and interests. Ergo it will reflect (or refract, depending from where you’re looking) who I am, what I do and what I think. So here you will read about my friends, family, loved ones, my advocacy, the books that move me, the movies that tickle my fancy, fashion, languages, travel, shopping (and maybe love too, if I’m lucky!). Hopefully that will give you a glimpse into what it means to be transgender in the Philippines albeit from the perspective of one.

So sit back and browse around. I hope you like it here. :)

3 comments:

Monica Roberts said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

I've been fascinated by what's going on with my Pinay sisters, and I'm glad you'll be talking about it from your personal point of view. and helping shed light on some of the issues you and your sisters face in the Philippines.

PinayTG said...

Thanks Monica! I hope you will come back here every now and then. I salute you my sister! MWAH! :)

Monica Roberts said...

You can count on that..

I've added you to my link list as well